|Torrent name:||Charles P. Pierce - Idiot America - How Stupidity Became a Virtue in the Land of the Free (pdf) - ro|
|File size:||1.97 MB|
Charles P. Pierce - Idiot America - How Stupidity Became a Virtue in the Land of the Free (pdf) - roflcopter2110 [WWRG]
Genre: Political, Conservatism & Liberalism, Commentary & Opinion
The three Great Premises of Idiot America:
· Any theory is valid if it sells books, soaks up ratings, or otherwise moves units
· Anything can be true if someone says it loudly enough
· Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently they believe it
With his trademark wit and insight, veteran journalist Charles Pierce delivers a gut-wrenching, side-splitting lament about the glorification of ignorance in the United States.
Pierce asks how a country founded on intellectual curiosity has somehow deteriorated into a nation of simpletons more apt to vote for an American Idol contestant than a presidential candidate. But his thunderous denunciation is also a secret call to action, as he hopes that somehow, being intelligent will stop being a stigma, and that pinheads will once again be pitied, not celebrated. Erudite and razor-sharp, Idiot America is at once an invigorating history lesson, a cutting cultural critique, and a bullish appeal to our smarter selves.
- Charles P. Pierce - Idiot America (pdf) - roflcopter2110 [WWRG].pdf File size : 1.83 MB
- WWRG.png File size : 137.34 KB
- WWRG Read Me!.txt File size : 479 B